Hello, I'm New!

ariana-rose
ariana-rose Member, Voices_Premium

Hi my name is Ariana Rose and I am an aspiring voice over actress! This has been a dream of mine since a child but I've just recently discovered that I may be able to make it a reality! I have some theater/acting experience and started connecting with other voice over actors to get input and coaching. If any one has any pointers for someone starting out I'd super appreciate it! I currently am using a AT2020 condenser mic, using Audacity to edit, and working in my closet. This is something I want to do seriously at least part time and have been auditioning diligently on Voices for the last month every day (10-15 auditions per day on average). If any one has any pointers for someone starting out I'd super appreciate it!

Comments

• Andrew Zuber
    Andrew Zuber Administrator
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Answer Photogenic

Hi Ariana, thanks so much for joining us on the Community Forum!

I would be happy to point you in the direction of some resources if you'd like, a great place to start is to browse our Talent Help pages and our Youtube channel. They are full of ideas of tips to help you on your journey.

Talent Help: https://www.voices.com/help/talent

Voices YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS1Z1tKNGwMAa0Cow8fRSVw

• melanie_scroggins
    melanie_scroggins Member, Voices_Premium
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

Hey Ariana,

Congrats on doing the hardest part - putting yourself out there! That truly is the first biggest hurdle. From here, I always advise new talent to do exactly what you're doing - auditioning. It's only through practice that we can really understand where we might fit into the VO landscape.

If you'd like more resources, check out the Work From Home Voice Actor: www.workfromhomevoiceactor.com, where we have all kinds of resources for beginners as well as a weekly podcast you can check out there as well.

If you'd like to talk more or have any questions as you go along, feel free to reach out to me directly at [email protected]

Best wishes to you on your new adventure!

-Melanie