After receiving the job...

williamsavage
williamsavage Member, Voices_Premium
edited August 25 in Support

I have a question regarding the job once you accept the offer. Do most voice over jobs simply want you to perform the script, with no production of the final product, just simply providing your voice acting in a file?

Do the clients ever provide video, other sound effects/music to work from or give an idea of what the project is? I'm noticing a lot of the public posted jobs that I'm seeing right now, don't really give a whole lot of direction so a lot is left to interpret.

Comments

• Andrew Zuber
    Andrew Zuber Administrator
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Answer Photogenic

Hi there, @williamsavage, I've got an answer for you.

"Do most voice over jobs simply want you to perform the script, with no production of the final product, just simply providing your voice acting in a file?"

This is mostly correct. Most successful talent do a little bit of EQ and compression, and some de-breathing on everything they send out, including auditions. Everything else depends on that particular client and that particular job but for the most part, the production is very minimal. If someone has a great chemistry with their mic and room, and have nice loud levels, they may just be able to send as-is every time. 

"Do the clients ever provide video, other sound effects/music to work from or give an idea of what the project is? I'm noticing a lot of the public posted jobs that I'm seeing right now, don't really give a whole lot of direction so a lot is left to interpret." 

Yes. Clients do add references in the job postings to help inform your interpretation. On occasion, a client will also add a link to the music that will be used, although that's pretty rare. 

Hope this helps you in your journey, please feel free to follow up with any questions!