Good news, bad news?

timbrefox
timbrefox Member, Voices_Premium
10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes Photogenic

Well, after 380 auditions, 14 shortlists I finally was "hired" for 1 job.

The client offered me the job Monday evening around 10pm with the deadline being the next day. I stayed up all night recording the final version for submission. I delivered both Wav and MP3 versions, with post production and without post production. (4 files in total). They had originally posted that this was for a 3 minute animation. It took me 5 hours to find the pace and timing to nail the script and make it 3 mins long. I slept but 2 hrs because I was stressed that it was deadline day...what if they needed revisions? I had to stay up. They messaged me back saying thanks and they were sorry for not mentioning that the 3 mins was not a hard set duration. (doh!) Now I felt bad because they originally mentioned they liked my pacing which I had altered to fit the 3 mins. So, I re-recorded the entire script again with my original audition pacing and again submitted 4 file versions. Now, I had given the client 7 hrs of my time, plus the audition and 8 files for review. That deadline was 2 days ago. No word, no review and certainly no funds released. Granted, I may just be frustrated after 380 auditions, finally getting a sniff at making some money....

So, how long does it usually take to have the client review, communicate and eventually release funds?

Comments

• timbrefox

I messaged the client saying, "I was hoping to get some feedback on my submitted files." at the same time I posted this originally but have had no reply here or there.

• Andrew Zuber
    Andrew Zuber Administrator
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Answer Photogenic

Hi there, I'm sorry to hear that you've had such a rough experience in this session, and I can sense your frustration after what must have been a lot of hard work.

Clients tend to move fast, and once they’ve got what they need it’s common they simply start working on the other parts of the project. Usually at this time they are putting together all the parts and showing it to their client. Sometimes you may hear back a little bit later, which is why we have revision policies on jobs. If anything outside of your revision policy needs to happen, we have the add a payment button for clients to compensate you.

I know hearing something about patience right now, but you will have an answer shortly.

This post contains a similar situation and the client was waiting for feedback. It was processed shortly thereafter: https://community.voices.com/discussion/124/what-happens-when-you-do-the-work-and-your-client-disappears#latest

If the problem persists, please reach out to [email protected] or email me directly and I will be sure to grant you as specific of information about your situation as I can.

Thanks for your post,

Andrew

• timbrefox

Thanks Andrew. been an uphill battle here so far.

I appreciate the kindness.

• timbrefox

Still nothing and the client has not even replied to my message regarding this.

Almost a week since the project deadline.

• Andrew Zuber
    Andrew Zuber Administrator
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Answer Photogenic

@timbrefox I'm going to have our Sr. Account Manager reach out to you today for more information about this so we can get to the bottom of what's going on. Thanks so much for the update.