How many is too many?

briankennedy8135
briankennedy8135 Member, Voices_Premium
Name Dropper First Comment

Hello folks!

I just joined today and I was wondering how many responses is too many? I see jobs that have like 40, 50, 60 responses. Is it worth it to audition for the job in such a case? Also, what exactly is jobmatch?

Answers

• ekgabriel
    ekgabriel Member, Voices_Platinum
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Agrees Name Dropper

If you think you are a good fit...read it and send it. You never know...and reading copy is always great. That being said, I always try to be an early submission, but when that's not possible, I don't let that stop me!

Good luck @briankennedy8135

• briankennedy8135

Thanks, but how many is too many auditions?

• Andrew Zuber
    Andrew Zuber Administrator
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Answer Photogenic

Hi @briankennedy8135, there's no specific answer about how many is "too many", to echo the earlier sentiment it's entirely your discretion where your personal cutoff is for too many auditions ahead of you.

To answer your question about JobMatch, JobMatch™ is calculated by summing up how well your profile and demos/portfolio samples match a client’s job posting. The fields a client fills out on a job posting correlate to fields you've filled out on your profile and demos/portfolio samples, leading to accurate matches between the two. For a full explanation, read here: https://www.voices.com/help/knowledge/faq/jobmatch

• ekgabriel

@briankennedy8135 I've booked jobs that have had 100+ auditions...so as mentioned it doesn't matter...

• briankennedy8135

And how often do you get jobs with too many people auditioning?

• ekgabriel

I don't pay attention to the number of auditions they have any more. If I'm going to audition for something I try to jump on it early, but I could care less how many people have already auditioned for a job I want to try for. Seriously, don't sweat it...if you want to audition...audition, it's five minutes out of your day...

• helensway
    helensway Member, Voices_Premium
    First Comment

Great advice! I'm having an issue with how many/too many...not enough...in a different way. My entire job folder has been steadily dwindling and ALL the total jobs/auditions available to me are 37. Since it is recommended we audition as often and frequent as we feasibly can, this seems to be a bit low. Also practically NO listings on the weekends come in. I would like to decide if I'm going to audition on the weekends or not, although of course listings would logically be more spare on weekends. As it is I only submit a very small amount but doesn't 37 listings in total with other parameters and boxes filled out seem non-conducive? Has anyone else had this experience? Thanks! I'm enjoying the forum and this vibrant community!

• tmsmabl18
    tmsmabl18 Member, Voices_Premium
    First Comment

The industry is very subjective. You never know what the client is listening for so I always audition if I feel I am a good fit. If I at least get a listen... all is good. My voice is out there and although it may not be right for that particular job... they may hear something they like for a future job. Persistence pays off and it is always good practice.