How do you get a client to rate you and leave a testimonial?

timbrefox
timbrefox Member, Voices_Premium
10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes Photogenic

I completed my first job and I have been eager to hopefully finally have a rating and with any luck, a testimonial. Is this something Voices solicits from the client or are we responsible for urging them to give these things? I gave the client a 5 star review and a positive testimonial, I have messaged the client asking if they wouldn't mind sliding a review my way. There has been no reply. This client had nearly zero communication with me and has really not replied to any of my messages even mid project. I delivered all the requested files, on time, even delivered multiple versions for them to choose from. I feel I did everything to please them.

Answers

• ekgabriel
    ekgabriel Member, Voices_Platinum
    25 Likes 10 Comments 5 Agrees Name Dropper

Don't push them. You asked once and that's totally fine. They may give you a review later, once the job is complete (all editing and client approvals, etc.) If not, no worries, just keep working.....

• timbrefox
    timbrefox Member, Voices_Premium
    10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes Photogenic

Thanks for the sound advice.

cheers.

• melanie_scroggins
    melanie_scroggins Member, Voices_Premium
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

I agree. Personally, I've never asked for reviews from clients who didn't willingly leave one, especially those who were poor communicators as we worked together. It's best to keep your head down and continue to do the work.

I know it's hard in the beginning, but keep putting yourself out there by auditioning, get more jobs under your belt and other clients will leave reviews.