Private Invite

makingsbury
makingsbury Member, Voices_Premium
First Comment

Hi. I had to be offline for a few days. When I returned I had a private invite in a different language. I can speak this language, but it takes me a hot minute to be able to read. I could do the audition, I'm sure, but I know I will not be able to submit the project by the due date, as it will be at least 500 words, which will be impossible for me to work through. Here's the question: Since it is a private invite, I'd like to respond and politely decline, but I don't see a way to do this. IS there a way to do this?

Answers

• baryrosa
    baryrosa Member, Voices_Premium
    First Comment

Hiya!

Yes, I've been invited to totally inappropriate auditions, and frankly I've learned to ignore them.

It's SUCH a shame that we do not have access to the people who actually work at Voices, I feel they are hiding behind their email addresses for fear of being inundated by us talent.

It's all probably too late by now, but I think your only option is to ignore the audition if you don't think it's a good fit. I have the same problem in French, I'll only audition if they are looking for a foreign accent!

Best of luck

Nicky

• makingsbury
    makingsbury Member, Voices_Premium
    First Comment

Thanks, Nicky. I did end up ignoring it. I'm glad to know I wasn't missing a way to communicate. I feel better! :D

- Melissa K