Did anyone else see a massive dropoff in listings this week? Did the algorithm change?

talihamilton
talihamilton Member, Voices_Premium
First Comment Photogenic

Hi all,

I've been on Voices since the start of the year and it's been great! For the past few months I've consistently been receiving about 25-30 public invites a day. But in the past week or so, that number dropped way down to 5-7. Has anyone else been experiencing this? Is it just a slow week, or did something in the algorithm change?

Many thanks for any insight.

Tagged:

Comments

• voicebyjenn
    voicebyjenn Member, Voices_Premium
    First Comment

Yup, same here. I didn’t change anything on my end. But the change seemed to occur after I received an email on 24 October 2022 from Voices which included:

Sending You Jobs with Accurate Accent Matching

We just released a solution that will ensure accurate accent matching for your job invitations. From this point forward, you will no longer receive invitations to jobs that are asking for an accent you don't do.

This change means you'll see more accurate invitations that match your skill set.”

Except, I used to receive a ton of auditions each day (20-30 +), and only a small portion did not match my chosen accents. This week I’ve received less than 10 auditions a day, and that number is really closer to 5. I’m concerned. I was going to wait until the end of this week to see if anything changes. (Maybe it’s a slower audition week in general?) If this continues, I might need to contact customer support to ask what’s going on.

I also currently see a job posting that currently has over 300 submitted auditions! I have never seen that before. I thought the algorithm was suppsoed to keep that from happening so that clients aren’t overwhelmed…

I suspect something broke. I wish I had answers for you! Anyone else have thoughts?

• talihamilton
    First Comment Photogenic

Thanks for the answer Jenn, I feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only one! I actually contacted customer support a few days ago and the woman on the line said that nothing in the algorithm had changed, to her knowledge, except for the accent matching thing.

She did say that this time of year-- right before holiday ads start to be posted-- is generally slow. But I'm not sure it's normal for it to be this slow!

She also told me I should add more demos to my profile to see more jobs, but the thing is, I was already seeing tons of jobs with only 2 demos up, so I don't think that's it.

• voicebyjenn
    First Comment
    edited November 2022

Glad to help! To clarify, I don’t know for sure that the accent matching change is to blame…but I received only 2 job postings in the last 6 hours, which is VERY unusually low. So, something is amiss!

I have 11 demos up (which I had up before; that hasn’t changed) in a variety of categories. And yet…very few job postings this week.

Yes, the slowing down of postings COULD be coincidence and due to time of year…but it just seems fishy to me. Oh well. Time will tell!

I want to see what happens through the rest of the week, and if it still seems abnormally slow, I might contact support. I’ve also noticed that with the exception of the one job with over 300 responses (currently 344!), the other postings I’ve seen seem to have less than 30 responses. Which makes me think they aren’t being sent to / seen by that many people. Something just seems…off. Weirdness!

Hope you have a pleasant evening!

• talihamilton
    First Comment Photogenic
    edited November 2022

Thanks Jenn, keep me updated on what they tell you if you contact support! I guess, like you said, time will tell.

It really does seem like listings don't have as many responses as usual. I wonder what's up with that 344-response one? That's a wackadoo number.

• voicebyjenn
    First Comment
    edited November 2022

If I contact them, it will probably be sometime next week. I’m letting it play out a bit first to make sure I don’t jump the gun!

Right?!? That one job has 352 responses now! Deadline is tomorrow.

I have received a total of 9 jobs between yesterday and today. That is very low for me, even factoring in that I used to receive some for the wrong accents. But, maybe it is time of year? I can’t remember what happened last year. And again, the jobs all have 30 or less responses. It’s just…weird. 🤷‍♀️

I’ll follow up if I find out any answers!

• voicebyjenn
    First Comment

Tali, I’ve been getting more auditions this week than last week. Not as many as in weeks prior, though, which may just be a time-of-year thing. How about you?

• talihamilton
    First Comment Photogenic

I'm in the same boat. It's not back to where it was, but it's improved a little since last week. I'm not quite sure what's normal for this time of year, since I haven't been on this site for a full year yet, but I'm receiving about 10 auditions a day now as opposed to 5-7.

• voicebyjenn
    First Comment
    edited November 2022

This weekend is also Veterans Day (in the US), and with Thanksgiving upcoming, I think maybe this time of year is a bit unpredictable. I can’t remember what happened in years past, unfortunately.