WAV files and CS

markofthewild
markofthewild Member, Voices_Premium
10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes Photogenic
edited July 15 in Support

I have been trying to upload a wav file for the past hour and all I get back is a notification saying "we don't accept this kind of file"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is there a SPECIFIC file format to follow with wav files? is the file name too long? When i was ready to upload ther file thre were ZERO responses now of course there is 25 and rising.....

I have also been on hold for almost an HOUR and now when there is only one person left in the que the recording come on saying there are unable to take are call, please leave a message........................this has happened twice today! I figure I'll call sale and maybe get someone faster...NOPE it took me to the CS que...

I must say at this time I an VERY disappointed in Voices and there CS!

Comments

• Andrew Zuber
    Andrew Zuber Administrator
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Answer Photogenic

Hi @markofthewild, very sorry to hear you're having trouble here.

How large is the file you are attempting to send? The largest file that can be uploaded to an audition or as a demo is 10MB.

We have more documentation about wav files as they pertain to auditions and demos available here: https://www.voices.com/help/knowledge/faq/why-won-t-my-wav-file-upload

• markofthewild
    markofthewild Member, Voices_Premium
    10 Comments Name Dropper 5 Likes Photogenic

@Andrew Zuber Thank you for replying.

This is where I have an issue with Voices. It would appear that you folks in the office are not on the same sheet....According to the Customer Experience manager, "Please note that you are only able to submit MP3 files for auditions. " yet you say that the largest file for an audition or demo can only be 10 megs, not that it cannot be a wav.

Unfortunately i am unable to find anything about mp3 vs wav files for auditions.

So you can see where I am having issues. So far as I can tell, now, after over an hour of being on hold and searching through the help and forum and emails, Wav files are not accepted for auditions.

I am trying to be patient and have composure and decorum, however it is not easy to do so when the people that you look to for help and answers cant agree on a single point.

As to the documentation on the link you provided, all it talks about is the size of wav files and that is why it takes longer to upload.

Thank you for replying and for your help.

Mark

• Andrew Zuber
    Andrew Zuber Administrator
    25 Likes 10 Comments First Answer Photogenic

Totally understandable that you're feeling frustrated, @markofthewild , I really appreciate it and that you've been very direct and succinct with your questions and concerns.

The conclusion is this: for auditions, only .mp3 are used. Once a talent is awarded a job, you are able to upload a .wav or file format of your choosing for the finished work.

Thanks again for your patience throughout the situation, I'm sorry there were miscommunications in the process to get us to this point.

Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help,

Andrew