Please help me with hope...

jryan21
jryan21 Member, Voices_Premium
First Comment

Hi, all!

I've been on Voices since November of '20, and have yet to book anything. I know it takes time, but I was wondering if the stats really mean all that much?

Here are my stats so far:

Audition Listens

Auditions Submitted

Auditions Shortlisted

If someone could just give me a bit of hope that you really can land a job, or advice on how to get more jobs to audition for, I'd appreciate it!

Thanks in advance!

Joshua Smith

Comments

• Andrew Zuber
    Andrew Zuber Administrator
    100 Comments 25 Likes First Answer Photogenic

Hi Joshua! For starters, you're on the right track and making positive progress.

More than 10% of your auditions are being shortlisted, and landing that first job can be the toughest. Despite how natural some of the top-level pros make it look, voice acting is very difficult, especially when you're first starting out.

Some of the most important things to keep in mind, especially at this stage are: audio quality, auditioning for the right roles, and crafting proper proposals.

Audio Quality is the very first thing that will disqualify a lot of candidates, so be sure your audio is clear and high quality when submitting an audition.

When you're first starting out the idea of auditioning for the "right" roles can be tough because you haven't booked enough to know what you're good at, but it's important to examine your strengths and play to them as best you can to give yourself a chance to be considered as well as not spending time auditioning for things that don't suit you.

And crafting a proper proposal can help you get ahead when most other things feel equal.

Here are a few other tips that can help you get rolling: https://www.voices.com/blog/audition-diagnosis-tips-to-get-your-career-rolling/

Hope this helps guide you on your path. Keep at it, once you book that first gig there's no feeling like it!

Best of luck and happy recording,

Andrew

• jryan21
    jryan21 Member, Voices_Premium
    First Comment

Andrew!

Thank you so very much for taking the time to reply. I will absolutely hone in on what I do well, and I'll move forward from there. Again, your advice and guidance is greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Joshua Smith