How Do You Start Out?

melodymeadows
melodymeadows Member, Voices_Guest

Hiii everyone! I'm new to Voices and voice acting and would love advice and tips on how to start out as a voice actor! Anything would be welcome advice and tip wise as I'm still finding my feet. Thanks you guys!

Answers

• zenabkakar
    zenabkakar Member, Voices_Premium
    First Comment

HI, same I am also new and could use some help as to how to upload a response file thanks.

• aryansingh9718
    aryansingh9718 Member, Voices_Guest
    First Comment

I am also new and I can help you to grow your community from voice over thanks.

• Andrew Zuber
    Andrew Zuber Administrator
    100 Comments 25 Likes First Answer Photogenic

Hi there @melodymeadows , @zenabkakar , & @aryansingh9718

I'm happy to hear you're all looking to get a leg up and started in the right direction in Voice Over.

We've put together a very thorough guide on everything you need to get started in the industry. The Beginner's Guide covers everything from an introduction to the industry to recognizing your unique talents, reading scripts, recording, planning, auditioning, all the way through to building relationships with clients and marketing yourself.

Check out the Beginner's Guide here: https://www.voices.com/help/beginners-guide-to-voice-acting

Reading that through should give you an idea if this is right for you or not.

For specific questions about using the Voices platform, our Help section covers account creation, discovery, job responses, working with clients, making money, and account management: https://www.voices.com/help/talent

The most important thing you can do today to get started is to make portfolio samples and demos to showcase your skills. These important pieces of content serve as your introduction to clients and help match you with the best possible jobs to set you up for success.

• melanie_scroggins
    melanie_scroggins Member, Voices_Premium
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Comment

Hey, @melodymeadows, @zenabkakar, and @aryansingh9718!

Welcome to the awesome world of VO. If you're looking for other tips and insights about what it takes to be successful in this industry, I'm happy to help however I can. You can check out my podcast, the Work From Home Voice Actor, or email me at [email protected]

We've all been where you are and I love encouraging beginners! Proud of you all for making the hardest decision - starting.