What is a good ratio of Short lists to landing the job

tmsmabl18
tmsmabl18 Member, Voices_Premium
First Comment

I am just curious what is a "good" ratio for being short-listed to actually landing the job.

I have been a member since March and have been short-listed 82 times but have only landed 3 jobs. Is there a secret beyond the short list?

Comments

• Andrew Zuber
    Andrew Zuber Administrator
    100 Comments 25 Likes First Answer Photogenic

Hi @tmsmabl18, great conversation starter.

While there are no written-in-stone rules about percentages and success, we do have a rough outline of what our top-end earning talent experience in terms of percentages of bookings and shortlists here: https://www.voices.com/help/knowledge/faq/successful-talent-statistics

While that doesn't contain a direct number of short-list to bookings, it should give an idea of what sorts of benchmarks are out there, as well as provide some context that even the top earners in the category are not rattling off work at an unbelievable rate.

I'm interested to see what some of our other talent here on the forum can add from their own experiences, but I would also just add that there is no true answer to what is "good" or not. Ultimately we're in a subjective business where trends rise and fall, with each client having different needs and preferences. I'm sure some talent will tell you 3 out of 82 exceeds their success rate by far, and others will say the opposite.

Thanks for sharing your experiences, I'm interested to see how it compares to some of the others here!